Our client based just outside of Ely is looking for a production operative to become part of a small team. This role will include using small lathes and gas torches as well as grinding and cleaning machines.
● Working accurately to drawings and tight tolerances, checking and inspecting parts during manufacturing run and following procedures.
● Selecting quartz tubing and cutting/grinding to length.
● Inspecting quartz tubing to a high quality standard using a light box and measuring tools.
● Component manufacture, joining quartz tubing with gas torch using lathes - training will be given.
● Cleaning components with auto equipment
● Check and maintain machinery daily.
● Working to minimise waste and maximise productivity and efficiency.
● Carry out regular stock checks of raw materials.
● General department duties and to keep area clean, tidy and presentable.
● Responsible for own work, checking documentation before starting and signing off works orders after completion.
● Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
● A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
● An analytical mind-set and organizational skills.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
● Keen to learn and take on responsibilities and willing to cross train in other departments.
Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England
Competitive Hourly Permanent
27 Feb 19
This facility will allow you to request holidays and other great features...