Our client based just outside of Ely is looking for a production operative to become part of a small team. This role will include using small lathes and gas torches as well as grinding and cleaning machines.
● Working accurately to drawings and tight tolerances, checking and inspecting parts during manufacturing run and following procedures.
● Selecting quartz tubing and cutting/grinding to length.
● Inspecting quartz tubing to a high quality standard using a light box and measuring tools.
● Component manufacture, joining quartz tubing with gas torch using lathes - training will be given.
● Cleaning components with auto equipment
● Check and maintain machinery daily.
● Working to minimise waste and maximise productivity and efficiency.
● Carry out regular stock checks of raw materials.
● General department duties and to keep area clean, tidy and presentable.
● Responsible for own work, checking documentation before starting and signing off works orders after completion.
● Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings.
● A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
● An analytical mind-set and organizational skills.
● Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
● Keen to learn and take on responsibilities and willing to cross train in other departments.
Witchford, Cambridgeshire, England
£19,500 - £20,000 Annual Permanent
13 Apr 22
This facility will allow you to request holidays and other great features...