Our Client, a prestigious school in the local area, is looking for a skilled Engineering Technician to join their team.
The successful candidate will carry out first line servicing of machines and equipment in the workshops to ensure safety and reliability. This will include cleaning, oiling, sharpening, removing dust and minor repairs.
• Report any maintenance issues directly to relevant Head of Department.
• Check all machinery at the end of each day and keep records of any problems / safety issues.
• Clean and sharpen hand tools and maintain the good order and organisation of the workshop and its storage facilities.
• Tidy workshops when and where necessary.
• Under the supervision of the Heads of Department or Senior Technician, maintain stock rooms, keep stock records, and receive the delivery of equipment and materials.
• Prepare materials and equipment for lessons and projects, including preparation of demonstration materials and resources, and the stocking of classrooms with consumable items.
• Control and store safely all chemicals, flammables and specialised solutions, ensuring that current Health & Safety and COSHH regulations are followed.
• Maintain all necessary safety signs adjacent to machinery and maintain a record of all equipment checks and testing.
• Undertake CAD/CAM tasks for the department, such as using the laser cutter and CNC router.
• Provide classroom support during lessons as and when required.
• Assist teachers and pupils before, during and after lessons.
• Support the Health & Safety documentation / risk assessments in the department.
• Prepare display materials and equipment for parents’ evenings; remove and display items of work around the school, as and when requested.
Ely, Cambridgeshire, England
£10.60 Hourly Permanent
16 Sep 20
This facility will allow you to request holidays and other great features...